Any day behind the lens is a good day.

...But a day behind the lens shooting these athletes is a great day.

     I was lucky enough to have a coach for the highest division of the Moreno Valley Diamond Girls Softball Association, come up to me during a game I was shooting.

     I was shooting my youngest daughter's game and his team was playing later that day. Turns out he's also managing the currently undefeated Division 3/4 Cyclones. Could it have been fate that 3/4 (3rd batallion 4th Marines) was also my unit when I was in the Marine Corps? Who knows?

     Either way, I packed up my gear and my "apprentice" 2nd photographer (my oldest daughter) and we were on our way! I'm so happy to have had this opportunity, because this team is absolutely dominant! I mean, it was crazy how good this team is, from the top to the bottom of the lineup. Hopefully my daughter took some pointers since she wants to play this fall.

     As far as actually covering the game, it was so easy because these girls were making some great plays on offense and defense. It's almost harder to get some great stuff when it's a defensive softball game.

     It's now 1:50 am and the gallery is up and I couldn't be more excited to hopefully have lived up to expectations! I can't wait to do it all over again in the near future. Thanks for the work Daniel!

Happy shooting!

    

Comments